Högsjö church was built in 1789 by Simon Geting. The basic plan is rectangular with sacristia in the east and west to the west. It was walled with the joke and brick of the neighborhood from Utansjö use.
In the middle of the 19th century, the church hall got its final design when Olof Hofrén was involved in the execution of the altar and pulpit, organ facade and armor barrier.
Högsjö church is architecturally interesting because it represents a transition between Gustavian and Neoclassicist.