For those of you who don’t want to spend an entire summer week on the same trail, there are many shorter trails to explore. Take the chance to go on a fantastic day hike on the High Coast! Here are some tips to start with.
- If you are going on a day hike on the High Coast, Valkallen is a must. The view from the top defines what the High Coast Trail is all about. Waiting for the sunrise from up here on a light summer’s night is an experience that you will never forget.
- Omne Trail is a six-kilometre long trail that starts at the family-friendly swimming beach Omnebadet or at the village of Omne. It’s a beautiful hike that passes a nature reserve and has fantastic views and scenery along the way. On the World Heritage Site's website you will find excellent information and maps.
- This magnificent peninsular is an excellent choice for a day trip. Deep forests, a magical little lake with crystal clear water, high mountains with great viewpoints and sheltered bays perfect for swimming. Read more at Västernorrland County Administrative Board's website.
- Hiking Skuleberget is a popular activity on the High Coast. Here you can choose between many different trails that all lead to the top of the amazing Skuleberget, from where you have one of the High Coast’s most stunning views.
- Lotsstigen Trail is a coastal trail between Skagshamn and Mattjäl.
Along the trail are both good swimming spots and fantastic viewpoints.
- The Yellow Trail
- If you are in central Örnsköldsvik when the need for adventure hits, this trail is an excellent choice. The Yellow Trail goes to the top of Åsberget.
- Slåttdalsskrevan Canyon
- The most-visited geological site in the High Coast is also the most impressive. Despite its impressive depth, it is still one of Skuleskogen National Park’s highest points.
a secret tip!
Fäberget is a “secret” gem that I didn’t discover for many years. The mountain might become a popular place to visit now that it is being written about, but some more signposts and parking will need to be put in place. Or it might stay secret, you will have to do some research on the internet to find your way there. Fäberget is perfect for a quick outing. The hike is short and the views from the top are magic. It’s an incredible feeling to stand there and see Ullångersfjärden inlet spread out at your feet. You can maybe take a short evening hike here – pack a picnic dinner and enjoy it at the top.